Wednesday 8 October 2014

Summary and Perspective Task

I have just posted an article about bullying on Facebook. I Would like all of you to attempt two activities. 

The first thing I want you to do is read the article and then write a one paragraph summary on the text.

I would then like you to think about the answers to these questions-

Does a summary contain nice to know information or need to know information?

Should your summary be longer than the original text?

Should your summary contain quotations from the original text?

Please feel free to send me your summary for marking via email.


The second task is to re-read the text and try and locate the perspective of the writer. Once you feel you understand this, write at least three sentences 
explaining what you believe this to be. Please embed quotations to do this- remember the PEE structure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment